Contact North | Contact Nord
Launch Your IT Career with Us: Unique Opportunity for IT Professionals!
Are you passionate about empowering people through online education and training leading to jobs?
Do you thrive in a collaborative and dedicated team environment?
If so, a career opportunity awaits you with Contact North | Contact Nord!
At Contact North I Contact Nord, we are committed to providing free support services to students in 1500 communities across Ontario. By joining our team as a Platform Specialist – Moodle, you will have the chance to help individuals access life-changing education opportunities and make a lasting impact on their lives.
Platform Specialist – Moodle – Home Office based in Ontario
The successful candidate will enjoy helping others, be willing to learn, open-minded, flexible, organized, detail-oriented, and customer service driven. You should have a proven track record of providing Moodle support and working experience as a Moodle administrator.
Your Responsibilities Include:
1. Maintain and develop all aspects of the Moodle environment:
a. Configure, administer, maintain, update and document the Moodle environment.
b. Analyze and troubleshoot problems and failures within the Moodle environment, develop, and implement solutions.
c. Ensure reliability and optimal performance of the environment and provide a high level of service to users and stakeholders.
d. Lead for Moodle within the IT Services team
e. Supervise the security, performance, and fault-tolerance of the Moodle environment.
f. Work with clients to support integration of other related applications.
g. Interact with clients to implement changes, troubleshoot, and resolve technology issues.
h. Consult with instructional designers, faculty, and other users of the Moodle environment to support the integration and development of features and customizations for Moodle.
i. Participate in the initiation and completion of projects involving the Moodle environment.
2. Provide accurate and timely reports and appropriate documentation on Contact North | Contact Nord information technology resources.
3. Provide training to internal and external users on the operation and care of Contact North | Contact Nord information technology resources.
4. Provide high level of technical support to external users of Contact North | Contact Nord IT resources.
5. Test bed and evaluate new technologies for integration with existing Contact North | Contact Nord technologies.
6. Supports the efficient functioning of the IT Services Department.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in information technology, computer science, networking and internetworking, electronics, and/or telecommunications is required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with administration, development and customization of a CMS or LMS in an enterprise environment.
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving, organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft and open-source Linux operating systems, database management (MariaDB, PostgreSQL), Azure, virtual servers, load balancers (HAProxy, Traefik), Docker, and Docker Images (experience using Docker with Kubernetes would be an asset).
- Sound working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Why choose Contact North | Contact Nord as Your Employer
- We value your skills and expertise, focusing on what you can contribute rather than just your credentials.
- Opportunity to work in a close-knit, supportive and flexible team environment that helps you to develop your skills and gain meaningful experience
- Starting wage of $28.07 per hour with progressive annual increases
- We provide a comprehensive employee benefits package and a matching RRSP contribution plan
- 15 days of accumulated paid vacation annually
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- Opportunity to gain wide-ranging experience on diverse applications and platforms
- The satisfaction of doing meaningful work and helping people across Ontario get the education and training they need
How to apply
If you are ready to embark on a rewarding career that combines your passion for education with your technical skills, we invite you to apply online at: contactnorth.ca/jobs
This position is open until filled.
Don’t miss this chance to join our team and help shape the future of education in Ontario. Apply now and be a part of something truly meaningful!
Full – Time