Contact North | Contact Nord is seeking a positive, energetic, and organized individual to fill the following part-time position:
STUDENT RECRUITMENT & SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE – Chapleau (Bilingual)
Reporting to the Education & Training Advisor, the Student Recruitment & Services Representative position is based out of our Kapuskasing online learning centre. The successful candidate will:
- Actively support the Education & Training Advisor to recruit students by responding to e-mail and telephone inquiries at the online learning centre, booking appointments for the Education & Training Advisor and supporting the Education & Training Advisor in other recruitment activities as needed.
- Directly recruit students in the community following the standard recruitment process and build local community partnerships to act as referral sources as requested by the Education & Training Advisor and within parameters set by the Education & Training Advisor.
- Prepare and maintain the online learning centre to support students using the centre.
- Provide technical support to students using the learning technologies and computer workstations at the online learning centre and accessing the web conferencing platform from home.
- Enter and update complete and accurate data in the customer relationship management (CRM) tool ensuring all required fields are populated on a daily and ongoing basis and record data on Requests for Services responded to at the online learning centre each Friday afternoon.
- Coordinate logistics and supervise examinations at the online learning centre in accordance with the Examination Policy and Procedures.
- Provide support and technical services to students studying from home.
- A Secondary School Diploma with preference given to those with a post-secondary credential in a related field such as office administration, business administration, executive assistant.
- 1-3 years customer service experience in fields such as retail, call centre, banks/insurance companies.
- 1-3 years experience in a sales position, such as retail, call centre, business sales, banks/insurance companies.
- Proven bilingualism (written and oral) in areas designated under the French Language Services Act; proven bilingualism is an asset in areas not designated under the Act
- Experience with, or a willingness, to learn to use a variety of learning technologies such as audio, video and web conferencing.
- Able to take full responsibility for key assigned areas of student services process while working with minimal supervision.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous data entry experience.
- Experience with or knowledge of online learning.
- Sound functional knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and diplomacy through contact with students, faculty/instructors, local host and other community stakeholders.
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required
Compensation & Benefits
$16.00 per hour plus vacation pay and statutory holiday pay
Hours of Work
Part-time, flexible hours, which may include evening and weekends based on the online learning centre’s requirements