As Ontario’s community-based bilingual distance education and training network, Contact North | Contact Nord helps underserved residents in 1,300 small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities access education and training without leaving their communities.
STUDENT INFORMATION & REGIONAL SUPPORT OFFICER (BILINGUAL), Home Office
Reporting to the Director, Operations & Development, the Student Information & Regional Support Officer has the following deliverables:
- Support incoming telephone calls, e-mail and live chat service requests to the Student Information Hotline in a professional and courteous manner;
- Understand the caller’s question and service request, research the request and provide the appropriate information in a timely and accurate fashion and connect the caller to staff at their local online learning centre for future, ongoing support;
- Process student exam proctoring service requests.
- Record and manage all information pertaining to each client in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool;
- Record and maintain accurate statistical information.
- Related post-secondary diploma or certificate in Administrative Assistant or Office Administration
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an office setting
- Fluently bilingual (English/French), both oral and written, at an advanced level
- Superior customer service and communication skills
- Energetic, self-starter with a capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking office environment
- Emphasis on attention to detail regarding proofreading, data entry and checklists
- Strict adherence to standardized policies and procedures
- Meet short deadlines by being able to prioritize and adapt
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
Compensation & Benefits
- $20.48 per hour starting wage
- Competitive employee benefits package
- Employer/Employee Group RRSP with matching contribution plan of 6% each
- 15 days of accumulated paid vacation annually
Hours of Work
Full-time appointment with 35 hours per week. Hours are mainly daytime; however, flexibility to accommodate evenings and weekends is required.