Join Our Dynamic Team!
Launch Your IT Career with Us: Unique Opportunities for Recent Grads and Junior IT Professionals!
Are you passionate about empowering individuals through education and training?
Do you thrive in a collaborative and dedicated team environment?
If so, an opportunity awaits you with Contact North I Contact Nord!
At Contact North I Contact Nord, we are committed to providing free support services to students in rural and remote communities across Ontario. By joining our team as a Bilingual IT Support Technician, you will have the chance to help individuals access life-changing education opportunities and make a lasting impact on their lives.
IT Support Technician (Bilingual)
We have an immediate opening for the position of Bilingual IT Support Technician. The successful candidate will enjoy helping others, be willing to learn, open-minded, flexible, organized, detail-oriented, and customer service driven. You should have a proven track record of providing level 1 to 2 technical support and working experience in network infrastructure.
Your challenging and rewarding responsibilities
- Provide first level customer support to both internal and external clients using Contact North | Contact Nord’s information technology platforms, systems and services
- Use active listening skills, probing and troubleshooting techniques to successfully resolve technical support issues over the phone and via web tools with clients who often have a very basic computer knowledge
- Identify issues requiring Tier 2 support and escalate when appropriate
- Provide appropriate follow-up, documentation (ticketing system) and responses to clients
- Work as part of a team of specialists, where team members work collaboratively and autonomously to ensure all Contact North | Contact Nord platforms, systems and services operate optimally and without unscheduled interruption
- Create user accounts, test, install and configure equipment and software, perform required maintenance and updates to systems and software
- Monitor systems, identify service interruptions and alert appropriate staff in a timely manner
- Function as a proactive member of a self-managing team
- Post-Secondary diploma in information technology, computer science, networking, electronics, and/or telecommunications would be considered an asset.
- 1-2 years’ experience providing technical support to internal and external clients on systems, platforms, software and devices
- Fully bilingual, with an equally high standard of verbal communication and business writing skills in both English and French is required
- Working knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory service software
- Working knowledge of Windows 10, Apple and open-source operating systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 (Exchange, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to diffuse problematic situations and provide a positive client experience
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision, as part of a self-managing team and excise sound judgement and diplomacy when dealing with clients
- Valid, class G driver’s license
Why choose Contact North I Contact Nord as your employer?
- We value your skills and expertise, focusing on what you can contribute rather than just your credentials.
- Opportunity to work in a close-knit, supportive and flexible team environment that helps you to develop your skills and gain meaningful experience
- Starting wage of $21.68 per hour with progressive annual increases
- We provide a comprehensive employee benefits package and a matching RRSP contribution plan
- 15 days of accumulated paid vacation annually
- Opportunity to gain wide-ranging experience on diverse applications and platforms
- The satisfaction of doing meaningful work and helping people across Ontario get the education and training they need
Hours of Work
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 p.m.