The January upgrade to 11.0 was major, with several new features and platform changes. 11.2 is a minor update, mostly to fix issues with 11.0, with a few feature enhancements.
What You Need to Know
- Those accessing their sessions via the e-CLASSES portal will continue to do so after the upgrade. There are no changes to login credentials.
- Two ways to join your Adobe Connect session:
- Open in Browser: Connect using current versions of supported web browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Edge. Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
- Open in Application: The desktop application is highly recommended for Windows and Mac users. Please download and install the latest Windows or Mac desktop application for the best experience.
Linux,ChromeOS and mobile users can only connect via browser at this time.
- Log in at least one day prior to your first class in May to resolve any potential technical issues.
- For technical assistance or for any questions about the Adobe Connect update, call or e-mail the Contact North | Contact Nord Technical Support Hotline, Monday to Friday from 7:30am EDT to 10:30pm EDT.
What’s New in Adobe Connect 11.2
- Enhanced Audio improves session audio and cuts out “cross-talk” between breakout rooms
- Improved Mac Desktop Application with full screen-sharing options
- Standard View becomes the interface for Hosts and Participants, ensuring all attendees are in the same view. Classic View is retired.
- Q&A pod improvements, indicating questions answered (including those by another moderator)
- Attendees pod and Breakout Rooms View have Select All and Clear All for host ease in selecting multiple attendees
- Version 11 Ellipsis … menu has been removed. Exit Session returns to the Meeting / Session Name menu and participant audio wizard returns to the Meeting / Session Name menu
- Fixed stalled “Preparing the Room“ notice when joining a session
Adobe Connect Mobile
- Mobile users will have to use the mobile browser to join sessions while Adobe Connect updates their mobile apps. They will not be able to join using the Adobe Connect mobile app until further notice. Please see the Mobile Participant 11.2 Quick Reference Card
- Users joining via mobile browser can now access more tools: downloading files from Files, clicking on Web Links, and tapping on embedded links in Chat and content.
A future upgrade, expected later in 2021, will allow users to convert Adobe Connect recordings to an MP4
Resources for You
Adobe Connect Resources updated to reflect the latest information for Adobe Connect 11.2
Live Training for Instructors/Hosts – starting May 2021
- What’s New - Adobe Connect 11.2
- New Instructor Training offered on Adobe Connect 11.2
We look forward to continuing to support the delivery of your live online classes and training through Adobe Connect 11.2.
Contact North | Contact Nord Adobe Connect Support Team